Paid Parking in Moscow: from the Boulevard Ring to the Garden Ring?
Paid Parking in
PAID PARKING IN
People express higher opinion of the traffic and parking situation inside the Boulevard Ring compared to the Garden Ring.
· Each day more
· The idea of expanding the project to the Garden Ring limits is now supported by 41% of the respondents, first of all residents of the Garden Ring and the Boulevard Ring, but even beyond this area the number of people who like the idea is quite large too;
· Those who support the expansion of the paid parking zone to include the entire area within the Garden Ring believe that thanks to this measure traffic situation in the area will get better, with less traffic jams; the opponents complain about the high prices.
Traffic situation within the Boulevard Ring is assessed better than within the Garden Ring. For instance, 56% of the respondents are not satisfied with the average traffic speed within the Garden Ring while in the case of the Boulevard Ring the same answer gave 48% of the respondents. Similar opinions were expressed about the possibility to park a car (58% and 49% respectively).
One of the key improvements from the introduction of paid parking in the Boulevard Ring district mentioned by the respondents is a better organization of parking in the area (26%).
The share of
In the recent month, people's attitude to such method of payment for paid parking as a mobile app for cell phones/tablet computers has improved significantly: the share of those who express a positive opinion about functionality of this service increased during the month from 10% to 27%. Parking meters have also had positive response from people who paid for parking with parking cards (from 15% to 38%) and bank cards (from 23% to 34%). Payment by SMS is another popular method of payment with one of the highest scores (growth to 39% from 31%).
The expansion of the paid parking project to the Garden Ring limits is supported by 41% of the respondents. Supporters of the expansion explain their attitude, first of all, by being convinced that thanks to this measure traffic situation in the area will get better, with less traffic jams.
The opinion poll was held October 23-28,
Detailed statistics derived from the study results can be found on the VTSIOM official web site.
We in social networks:
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/parking.mos.ru
· Vkontakte: http://vk.com/parking_mos_ru
· Odnoklassniki: http://www.odnoklassniki.ru/group/51931246493899
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/parking_mos_ru